When it rains, it pours!

Literally! We've had one of the wettest winters on record here in Sunny So Cal, with over 31" of rain recorded at the Los Angeles Civic Center. Other areas have had much, much more. But today, I became part of the statistics of "rain related auto accidents". I was travelling north on the freeway. It was not raining, but just had rained heavily, which created a massive amount of spray in the air. The sun was shining, so there were rainbows in front of me, behind me, coming up from the roadway. I backed off from the cars in front of me because visibility was about, oh, 30'. I saw brake lights. I slowed, and then realized I had to stop - quickly! I did. I looked in my rear view mirror to make sure the person behind me was going to stop. Then I saw it. A semi with a trailer, on the lane next to and behind me. He wasn't slowing. Then he started to jackknife, and as he did, his front left bumper hit my right front fender. He stopped, fortunately, before he hit other vehicles. But behind me I could see other cars and trucks as they were swerving, and in the case of one big cargo truck, sliding sideways. The total amount of vehicles inlvolved must have totaled close to 20, and the accident I was directly involved in caused at least 3 more behind me. I was one of the lucky ones. Not only was I not injured, but I was able to drive away. I saw several vehicles that could not. Whew!

Hey, at least I had some good news today! Signing loan documents tomorrow night for our re-fi, funding on Monday the 28th (my birthday), and payment of all items by Wednesday.

Comments

girlpowerSSS said…
John, it has been to long since we've talked. I'm so glad to here you were not injured in your accident, and I'm also way psyched to hear about you getting out of some debt. Woohoo! I know how much stress that was giving you. Hey take care, and try to stay dry!lol

Stacy

Popular Posts