Beat up

I feel beat up lately. Not in the literal sense, but figuratively. I've had some decisions on my mind that have required great thought, but I've had little time to think. It was only 2 weekends ago that we finally got all the Christmas decorations in storage, and at the same time my wife decided to re-do the living room layout, and all three of the kid's bedrooms. Lots of work in getting that done! Even though she did much of the moving.
But I have so much on my mind that I am feeling like a pinball in a fast-moving pinball machine. First off, our family finances. Like many in our country, I have amassed a large amount of consumer debt, which was increased due to my wife not working, and the fact that we purchased two Land Rovers at the same time. Her LR is now gone, replaced by a new GMC Yukon that will cost us $220 LESS than the payments on the LR. But my LR is still around, and I have 2 years to go on payments. On top of that I have nearly $2000 in repairs that need to be done. So, we're looking at purchasing a new or newer vehicle that will last longer and be more reliable. But the costs of doing that are what I need to determine. That'll take time, which I don't always have.
But even with my salary what it is, every pay period is a challenge to make it all fit. We've refinanced twice in the 4+ years we've been in our house, both times to consolidate debt. But with 2 kids in 11-1/2 months, we had a lot of expenses that we just didn't count on, and we did some renovations to our home last year that were costly, but necessary.
On top of all that I am looking into relocating, which is a major family decision. We're not all 100% sold on the idea, but I am wanting to leave sunny So Cal, and Lorrie would like to go to a place that actually has "seasons". Oregon is our choice.
Anyway, feel better now...

Comments

Popular Posts