Getting the bug.....



Today, during the morning Production meeting, a couple of my coworkers were discussing the driving time and distance to Colorado Springs. Before someone else could pull up Google Maps, I told them about taking the 15 to the 40 east to Albuquerque, then north. As I discussed this I started thinking about the last time I was in Colorado, back in October of 1997. I started thinking about the trip I took then - a solo trip - where I did nothing but photography. And it also reminded me of the trips I took with dad to Colorado, and the special places we would photograph in, as well as the ranches that belonged to his mom and dad. And it truly did put a bug up my arse to go there - to go for a week, doing photography and fishing, and mapping in detail the family homes in Dolores (where my dad was born), Cortez and Arriola, where his parents lived when they were courting. So, perhaps this fall I'll go, and spend time in that gorgeous area of southwestern Colorado.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Do it, Bro!

Popular Posts