An old friend.....



I briefly re-acquainted myself to an old friend yesterday: my Zone VI Classic wood-field camera. I had first gotten to know this friend back in 1997, and subsequently this friend of mine and I took trips to Arizona and Colorado, up to Oregon, and several local trips to central and southern California. But when I married and started having kids, this friend became neglected: stored first in a coat closet, getting all musty, and then stored unceremoniously in a plastic tub in our storage facility.

But I have liberated my friend from that storage facility, and have plans to renew our friendship this year....

Comments

I once had an old Mamiya C330 twin-lens reflex camera that was given to me by a family member. It took awesome pictures. When I moved to Brasil I had to cut back on weight and take with me only the necessaries. I favored prints of my children's childhood over that camera. Some of them were even taken on it. I gave it away to a friend.
John, reading your post has refreshed those memories of looking down into that viewfinder with such exuberance. Thank you sir.
John Prothero said…
I am glad to have inspired you. I too used medium format for years doing wedding and portrait photography - a Mamiya RB67. There is something about this traditional, film-based form of photography that attracts me to keep going, rather than go digital.

Popular Posts