The beauty and resiliance of the human soul....




I am moved by the beauty and resiliance of the human soul. Whether it be the ending of "It's a Wonderful Life", when all George Bailey's friends stream into his humble home to help him, or hearing of someone who goes out of their way to help another human being - I get teary-eyed. I will unabashedly admit it.

And when I read this morning of Joannie Rochette, the Canadian ice-skater whose mother passed on Sunday, and how she decided to skate, and took to the ice last night in a program that was technically sound and beautiful - well, I choked up. To see the strength of her heart, to go on, and then to skate as good as she did (I did not see her skate, thanks to NBC's moronic idea to put the important events late at night), and to achieve 3rd place after the short program - it was overwhelming. Granted, she may not get more than silver. But she has proved she's a champion to the world, and to those of us who appreciate the beauty of the human soul.

Comments

Popular Posts