Thanksgiving

Here I am, getting ready for Thanksgiving 2009. We're hosting it at our house, which we've done before. Last year we were on our way to my wife's grandparent's when we were in an accident, 10 minutes from our house. My wife's Yukon was totaled, and her wrist was broken. A year later she still has occasional pain and signs of arthritis, but she's healed.

As I look at this Thanksgiving, I have much to be thankful for. Even though finances are tight, I am thankful that the kids are all happy and healthy. I am thankful that I do have a job in a secure company when so many are unemployed. I am thankful that we are still in our house, when so many are going to spend this holiday at someone else's house, or in an apartment that they rent. I am thankful that my wife is striving to achieve success with her photography, not just for financial reasons, but she is more content now than I've ever seen her. I am thankful for living in southern California, where I don't have to deal with frigid temperatures or excessive summer humidity. I am thankful that I live in a country where we can freely voice our disagreements with what our government does (albeit they don't listen). Finally I am thankful for my extended family on both sides, who have become in many instances friends.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Comments

Popular Posts