Same ol' shit..

It's been an interesting couple of weeks. Two weeks ago I was driving home from work and noticed my temperature gauge climbing - FAST! I was able to pull off the tollway and stop before I overheated, but as I waited 2 hours for a tow truck, with my wife and kids joining me to take me home, I was frustrated. Just one more thing that went wrong with the Land Rover. The previous weekend we had looked at a pre-owned Toyota Tacoma 4WD double cab, which we had been thinking about. So, there by the side of the tollway I decided that this was the final straw. Unfortunately, the truck I had looked at was gone. But that Saturday we did some serious online shopping, found an '03 locally that was what I want (no 4WD though), and got it. I like it so far, but still have emotional attachment to the Land Rover. But I am getting between 16 and 18 mpg (13 on the Land Rover), and I only have to put in regular, not premium. Plus this truck will become Justin's when he's driving, and he's all for that!

Comments

Popular Posts