Seek Ye First....


"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:23, ESV

I love those serendipitous moments when you feel like you're struggling to define your life, or your art, or your passions, and then, when least expected, God sends you a small reminder of what you really should strive for. 

Over the last several years I often ask myself "what do I want to do with my photography?" I know that when Brenda and I retire, travelling and doing photography will be high on our list. I know that I'd like to teach other photographers how to "see". I don't have grand aspirations to sell prints, or publish books. But I do want to do SOMETHING with my gift. 

And then just now, it hit me. "But seek first the kingdom of God....and all these things will be added to you." 

Is it THAT simple? As I continue on my journey to know God better, should I (no pun intended) focus on Him, and through Him, He will guide my not only on the journey to know Him better, but my steps as a photographer as well? 

I already know that my journey has brought me into a closeness with Him that I've never experienced in my 50 or so years of being a Christian. I know that it has enhanced my relationships with friends, family and coworkers. I know - and she reinforces this - that it has been instrumental in the quality of my relationship with Brenda. 

So, maybe it IS that simple. 

Soli Deo Gloria

Comments

Popular Posts